70mm Film Festival menus at Tom Douglas restaurants
Palace Kitchen, TanakaSan & Cantina Leña will be combining their love of cooking, bartending and film by celebrating Cinerama's 70mm festival with cocktail and food specials during the entire party. Find more information at TomDouglas.com for more information.
- Blood & Sand (Spartacus)
- Napalm en la Mañana (Apocalypse Now)
- Face Hugger Jell-O Shot (Aliens)
- The Peter O’Toole (Lawrence of Arabia)
- Old HAL (2001: A Space Odyssey—riffing an Old Pal, which is whiskey, campari, and dry vermouth)
- In Like Flynn (Tron)
- Wormholes and Revelations (Interstellar)
- Gordita Beach Club (Inherent Vice)
- The Cause (The Master)
- Bloody Tarantino (The Hateful Eight)
- Hadleys Hope (Aliens)
- Ordeal and Triumph (Patton)
- Gilmour’s Revenge / Floyd Pinkerton (Pink Floyd The Wall)
- The Space Vampire (Lifeforce)
- Brando’s Horror (Apocalypse Now)
- Bridges to Heaven (Starman)
- Kubrick’s History (Spartacus)
- Excessive Behavior (Year of the Dragon)
- My Favorite Things (Sound of Music)
- 70mm (Baraka)
- Food specials:
- “Take a Bao” - Mini chinese buns
- “It’s a wrap” - lumpia w/lettuce & herbs
- “Final cut” - Meaty spare ribs
- Drink specials:
- "Martini shot"- sake, plum wine, bitters
- "Reel it in"- bourbon, mint, orange Curaçao
- "Three strip slushie" - frozen sake, cherry, cola
See the classics like never before! Beginning March 21st, Cinerama will screen films that have transcended time and trends. Every Saturday, stroll into Cinerama for a 10:30 a.m. matinee to view your favorites. Cinerama’s new series begins with Casablanca (3/21), followed by Giant (3/28), Lawrence of Arabia (4/4), Ben-Hur (4/11), North By Northwest (4/18) and Oklahoma! (4/25).
Read more >
Cinerama and Emerald City Comicon are partnering to bring you the second annual ECCC Cinema Series! This unique event brings together movie stars to talk about their films in an intimate Q&A before screenings. Stan "The Man" Lee will introduce the film that brought together the heroes of Marvel's Cinematic Universe, The Avengers! Q&A will begin at 8:30 p.m., with the screening at 9:00 p.m.
Read more >
Hold on to your katana blades! Twenty mixed martial arts and samurai movies will be shown at Cinerama between Friday, February 27 to Thursday, March 5. Fists & Fury’s programming includes rarely screened Bruce Lee titles Enter the Dragon, The Chinese Connection, Way of the Dragon and Game of Death. Cinerama will screen approximately eight 35mm film prints including the 2009 restoration of Rashomon and The Seven Samurai by legendary filmmaker Akira Kurosawa. The festival will also screen Ip Man, which was nominated for 12 Hong Kong Film Awards in 2008. Kung Fu Hustle, Black Belt Jones and a double feature of Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill: Volume 1 & 2 will also be shown, demonstrating the festival’s broad range of content. See the full lineup and purchase advance tickets here.
Read more >
Beginning Friday, February 13, Cinerama will screen all eight best picture-nominated films in anticipation of the 87th Academy Awards. The theater will feature one movie per day, with multiple show times to choose from. The marathon will conclude with Three Dollar Bill Cinema's 10th Annual Academy Awards Party on Sunday, February 22. The event will benefit local nonprofits Gay City Health Project and Three Dollar Bill Cinema. Advance tickets to all screenings of nominated films are now available, while tickets to Three Dollar Bill Cinema’s Academy Award Party can be purchased through Stranger Tickets. Don't miss this opporunity to see the past year's best films at Seattle's most epic theater!
Read more >