It’s time! Our 70mm Film Series kicks off at Cinerama on 9/27
The wait is over! 70mm returns to Cinerama on September 27 as we open our 70mm Film Series.
Through October 2, Cinerama will screen some of the absolute best titles in film history, all presented in the glorious 70mm format that they were intended.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW FOR 70mm FILM SERIES
But why 70mm, you ask? What is so special about this format and why should you come check it out at our theater? Well, we are glad you asked. Here’s why:
So that’s a quick rundown of why 70mm rocks our socks off...so what next? The titles, of course! We’ve got some of the favorites returning to our projection room and a few fun additions.
- 70mm is just plain better. With resolution equivalent to 8K (twice as high as the modern 4K digital standard) gives you the absolute best picture quality with the warmth and texture of genuine celluloid film. Sharper, wider, more awesomeness in every scene.
- It’s movie history! Having been around for almost as long as movies have been around, 70mm is an extremely rare format these days that very few theaters are able to accommodate. Luckily, your friendly neighborhood Seattle Cinerama has you covered.
- Directors LOVE it. From Christopher Nolan to Quintin Tarantino, some of Hollywood’s top filmmakers see 70mm as the essential way to view their pictures. We tend to agree.
2001: A Space Odyssey is the shining star in the group. Lawrence of Arabia returns. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood brings us to ‘present’ day filmmaking. Simply put, there is a bit of everything for the cinephile in your life. The full list of titles in the series can be found below.
But wait…there’s more! The highly-anticipated Joker, from director Todd Phillips, is coming to Cinerama following the 70mm Film Series with the first week of the 3-week run (10/3-10/24) being presented in the 70mm format! We’ll have more 70mm films this calendar year, so keep an eye on our social channels and newsletter for more.
The full list of 70mm Film Series titles can be found below. We’re looking forward to you joining us for this special, special series!
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (9/27, 5:15pm)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (9/27, 9:15pm)
- Lawrence of Arabia (9/28, 10:45am)
- E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (9/28, 4:15pm)
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (9/28, 8:00pm)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (9/29, 11:00am)
- Roma (9/29, 3:00pm)
- West Side Story (9/29, 7:00pm)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (9/30, 4:45pm)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (9/30, 8:45pm)
- Back To The Future Part II (10/1, 5:15pm)
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (10/1, 8:45pm)
- The Dark Crystal (10/2, 5:15pm)
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (10/2, 8:45pm)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens on December 14th. Check out some of our favorite costumed customers from the last two Star Wars films.
Read more >
Cinerama is excited to be the only theater in Seattle presenting Justice League in 70mm format. Opening November 16, tickets are on sale now.
Read more >
On December 14 Cinerama is proud to present an exclusive fan event featuring both 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens, directed by J.J. Abrams, and the hotly anticipated next episode in the series, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson.
Read more >
Don your best Blade Runner cosplay and join Cinerama for Cyberpunk night at the Friday, Sept 29th 10:30 p.m. screening of Blade Runner: The Final Cut, where you can enjoy costumes and props from the Paul G. Allen Family Collection on display in our lobby. Then head over to Living Computers on Saturday, Sept 30th for Do Androids Dream of Living Computers, an immersive event that pays homage to the cult classic. With real Voight Kampff tests, live performances, tech activities, and more, this 21 and over event will leave you asking yourself if you are human or if you are replicant. Plus, bring in your Cinerama Blade Runner ticket to get 50% off admission to the event. Details and ticket info at livingcomputers.org.
Read more >